Hester Lynch Thrale, afterwards, Hester Lynch Piozzi
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet (trimmed to chine collé): 7 13/16 × 5 inches (19.8 × 12.7 cm) and Image (oval): 4 1/8 × 3 1/16 inches (10.5 × 7.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "L 1.50"; lower right: "Piozzi (underlined)"
Lettered, center left under image: "Sir J. Reynolds P. R.A. | H: L. Thrale"; center under image: "(afterwards.)"; center right under image: "E Finden"; lower center: "Hester Lynch Piozzi | From a Picture in the possession of Samuel Boddington, Esq. | Published by John Murray, Albermarle Street, 1835"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | embroidery | gaze | hair | jewelry | oval | pearls | poet | portrait | posing | robe | sash | tree | woman
- Associated People:
- Piozzi, Hester Lynch (1741-1821), author/poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Hester Lynch Thrale, afterwards, Hester Lynch Piozzi, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.