Water Engine, Cold-Bath-Field's Prison
- Additional Title(s):
Water Engine, Coldbath Fields Prison
- Aquatint and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 9 7/16 inches (32 x 24 cm), Plate: 11 1/4 x 9 5/16 inches (28.5 x 23.6 cm), and Image: 10 1/16 x 7 3/8 inches (25.5 x 18.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "Plate 19"; lower left: "Pugin & Rowlandson del. et Sculpt."; lower center: "WATER ENGINE, | COLD-BATH-FIELD'S PRISON. | London, Pub. May 1. 1808, at R. Ackermann's Repository of Arts, 101, Strand."; lower right: "J. Bluck Aquat."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | beams (structural elements) | bricks | chains | coats | correctional institution | costume | doors | engine | fountain | genre subject | gesture | hats | illustration | labor | men | pointing | prison | prisoners | stripes | trousers | waistcoats | water | wheel | windows | work | workers
- Associated Places:
- Clerkenwell | Coldbath Fields Prison | England | Greater London | Islington | Mount Pleasant | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Bluck, active 1791–1831, British, Water Engine, Cold-Bath-Field's Prison, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.