'The Gamester,' Act V, Scene IV
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 5 1/2 x 3 1/16 inches (14 x 7.7 cm) and Image: 5 3/16 x 2 15/16 inches (13.2 x 7.5 cm)
Lettered, inside image, lower center: "THE GAMESTER | Bev. __ Thou Power that mailst me, | Act 5. __ serv'd me a gleam of Hope. ___ Scene 4."; lower center below image: "pie pinx.t London. Printed for J. Bell British Library Strand, Augt 4 1792. Fittler Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | boxes | coat | correctional institution | cravat | crying | dice | drama | dresses | gambling | gesturing | hat | illustration | jail | jewels | kneeling | lace | literary theme | men | money | play | prison | sitting | sword | The Gamester (1753) | The Gamester, Act V, Scene IV | theater | tragedy | veil | windows | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Fittler, 1758–1835, British, 'The Gamester,' Act V, Scene IV, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.