- 'The Gamester,' Act V, Scene IV
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 3 1/16 inches (14 x 7.7 cm) and Image: 5 3/16 x 2 15/16 inches (13.2 x 7.5 cm)
Lettered, inside image, lower center: "THE GAMESTER | Bev. __ Thou Power that mailst me, | Act 5. __ serv'd me a gleam of Hope. ___ Scene 4."; lower center below image: "pie pinx.t London. Printed for J. Bell British Library Strand, Augt 4 1792. Fittler Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | boxes | coat | correctional institution | cravat | crying | dice | drama | dresses | gambling | gesturing | hat | illustration | jail | jewels | kneeling | lace | literary theme | men | money | play | prison | sitting | sword | The Gamester (1753) | The Gamester, Act V, Scene IV | theater | tragedy | veil | windows | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Fittler, 1758–1835, British, 'The Gamester,' Act V, Scene IV, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.