Canal of the Loire and Cher, Near Tours
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 × 10 9/16 inches (17.6 × 26.8 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 × 9 inches (14.9 × 22.9 cm), Image: 3 3/4 × 5 1/2 inches (9.5 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "439"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by T.Jeavons."; lettered, lower center: "The Canal of the Loire and Cher | Near Tours."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cathedral | river
- Associated Places:
- Centre | Cher | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Loire | Pont Wilson | Tours | Tours Cathedral
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Jeavons, ca. 1800–1867, British, Canal of the Loire and Cher, Near Tours, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.