Tours - Looking Backward
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 10 9/16 inches (17.5 × 26.8 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 × 8 15/16 inches (15.1 × 22.7 cm), Image: 3 11/16 × 5 9/16 inches (9.4 × 14.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "442"
Lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R.Wallis."; lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Tours"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | cathedral | cityscape | genre | river
- Associated Places:
- Centre | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Loire | Pont Wilson | Tours | Tours Cathedral
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
after Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Tours - Looking Backward, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.