Coteaux de Mauves
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 10 5/8 inches (17.5 × 27 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 × 9 inches (14.9 × 22.9 cm), Image: 3 3/4 × 5 11/16 inches (9.5 × 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "451"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "451"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R. Wallis."; lettered, lower center: "Coteaux de mauves."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Ardèche | Europe | France | Loire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Coteaux de Mauves, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.