- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 14 1/8 × 10 inches (35.9 × 25.4 cm) and Image: 12 5/16 × 9 7/8 inches (31.3 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "274"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "S./1028, no 82"
Lettered, lower left: "P. Mercier pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "C.Corbutt fecit."; lettered, lower center: "The Seamstress. | London Printed for Robt Sayer Map & Printseller at No.53 in Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | seamstress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
John Ingamells, A Catalogue of the Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings of Philip Mercier, Volume of the Walpole Society, vol. 46, Walpole Society, 1976-8, p. 47, no. 184, pl. 14e, N12 W35 +A1 OVERSIZE (YCBA)