- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid iaper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 5 7/8 inches (22.5 × 14.9 cm), Plate: 6 × 4 1/2 inches (15.2 × 11.4 cm), and Image: 5 3/8 × 4 7/16 inches (13.7 × 11.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "230B"
Lettered, lower left: "P.Mercier pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "C Corbutt fecit"; lettered, lower center: "RURAL LIFE. Plate II. | Printed for Robt. Sayer, at No.53 in Fleet Street.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | spinner
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Purcell, active 1746–1766, Irish, Rural Life, undated