- Return of the Prodigal Son
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 14 1/16 inches (24.4 × 35.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "#298"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The return of the prodigal son"
Lettered, lower right: "R. Purcel fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Purcell, active 1746–1766, Irish, Return of the Prodigal Son, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.