- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 13 1/16 × 10 5/8 inches (33.2 × 27 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 × 10 inches (31.4 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "P.Mercier Pinxt"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Correspondence | Proof | #60"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "C.Corbutt fecit | Purcell | 7/6 | S - p 1027 - no 81"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelet | cameo | figure study | fur | genre subject | inkwell | letter (correspondence) | writing
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Ingamells, A Catalogue of the Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings of Philip Mercier, Volume of the Walpole Society, vol. 46, Walpole Society, 1976-8, p. 41, no. 144, N12 W35 +A1 OVERSIZE (YCBA)