- Christ and the Woman of Samaria
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 × 12 1/8 inches (22.9 × 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper right: "J:B."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "375"
Lettered, lower left: "A Carracci Pinxit"; lettered, lower center: "J. Simon fecit Cum Privileg Peg."; lettered, lower right: "Sold by f. Cooper at Ye 3 Pigeons in Bedford Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | Christianity | column (architectural element) | disciples | forgiveness | hills | love | men | New Testament | path | religious and mythological subject | robes | rope | shawls | sin | talking | teaching | the woman of Samaria (John 4:4-42) | trees | vase | village | water well | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Simon, 1675–1755, French, Christ and the Woman of Samaria, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.