- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 10 7/16 × 14 1/16 inches (26.5 × 35.7 cm) and Image: 9 5/16 × 13 13/16 inches (23.7 × 35.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, left center: "354"
Lettered, lower left: "N. Lancret pinxit. | The jovial Vintage, Lad and Lass employs, | Their Hearts elating, to Love's rapt'rous Joys;"; lettered, lower center: "Autumn."; lettered, lower right: "J. Simon fecit. | The Sweet the Grape, young Collin longs to sip. | Much sweeter Nector from Buxoma's Lip." | T. Burford Ex., 1758"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- autumn | baskets | genre subject | grapes | vines
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.