Bacchus and Ariadne
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 9 × 7 inches (22.9 × 17.8 cm) and Image: 8 5/8 × 6 3/4 inches (21.9 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "77"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "227B"
Lettered, lower left: "B Lens fe:"; lettered, lower center: "Bacchus et Ariadne"; lettered, lower right: "J Smith ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armband | beauty | cherub | cloth | clouds | crown | love | nude | staff | trees | vines | wife | wreath
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Bacchus and Ariadne, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.