Veni Inebriemus Eum Vino Dormiamusque Cum Eo
- Additional Title(s):
I Came to Drink Wine, and We Will Lie with Him
- between 1681 and 1688
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 7 1/2 inches (24.1 × 19.1 cm), Image: 8 3/4 × 7 3/8 inches (22.2 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "226A"
Lettered, lower center: "Veni inebriemus eum vino dormiamusq cum eo."; lettered, lower right: "J Smith ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braid | cave | Christianity | cup | cushions | daughters | destruction | drunk | ewer | father | fire | Judaism | nude | Old Testament | pillar | religious and mythological subject | roots | serpent | sex | sisters | Sodom and Gomorrah burning | statue | tree | vase | wine
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, seventeenth century, Veni Inebriemus Eum Vino Dormiamusque Cum Eo, between 1681 and 1688
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.