- The Sacrifice of Isaac
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (24.8 × 20 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 7 5/8 inches (24.1 × 19.4 cm), and Image: 9 × 7 5/8 inches (22.9 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "226B"
Lettered, lower left: "J Smith ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | angel | bushes | Christianity | clouds | faith | father | grief | incense | Judaism | logs | ram | religious and mythological subject | robes | rope | sacrifice | salvation | son | sword | talking | trees | wings
- Associated People:
Angel of the Lord
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Robinson, active 1674–1706, British, The Sacrifice of Isaac, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.