Virgin, Christ Child and St. John
- Mezzotint (with letters) on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 3 5/16 × 3 1/16 inches (8.4 × 7.8 cm), Plate: 3 3/16 × 2 7/8 inches (8.1 × 7.3 cm), and Image: 2 15/16 × 2 3/4 inches (7.5 × 7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "256B | John Smith"
Lettered, lower left: "J.S. ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apples | banner | children | Christianity | cross (motif) | halo | holding | holding | mother | profile | reed | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
Saint John the Baptist
The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Vincent, active 1680s, British, Virgin, Christ Child and St. John, 1680s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.