St. John with the Lamb
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 5 3/8 × 4 inches (13.7 × 10.2 cm) and Image: 5 1/8 × 3 7/8 inches (13 × 9.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Smith | 256c"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "13d"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | Christianity | cross (motif) | grass | halo | lamb | listening | man | martyr | reed | religious and mythological subject | saint | tree | weeds
- Associated People:
- John the Baptist (c. 6 BC–c. AD 36)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, seventeenth century-eighteenth century, St. John with the Lamb, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.