Print made by unknown artist, seventeenth century-eighteenth century, Christus Crucifixus, undated
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- 7 3/8 × 4 11/16 inches (18.7 × 11.9 cm), 7 3/16 × 4 1/2 inches (18.3 × 11.4 cm), and 6 7/8 × 4 7/16 inches (17.5 × 11.3 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Christus Crucifixus"; lettered, lower right: "J Smith ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | chalice | Christianity | cloth | clouds | crucifixion | forgiveness | halo | nails | pain | Passion | religious and mythological subject | sacrifice | salvation | sin | skull | suffering | weeping | wings
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.