- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 4 13/16 × 3 3/8 inches (12.2 × 8.6 cm) and Image: 4 1/2 × 3 3/16 inches (11.4 × 8.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#250a"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "36"
Lettered, lower right: "J. Smith ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cherubs | Christianity | clouds | faith | shawl | veil | virgin
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, seventeenth century-eighteenth century, Virgin, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.