Disce Mori Mundo Vivere Disce Deo / /Learn to Die to the World, Learn to Live With God
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 4 3/8 inches (15.9 × 11.1 cm) and Image: 5 1/2 × 4 1/4 inches (14 × 10.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "250a"
Lettered, lower left: "Disce mori mundo vivere disce Deo."; lettered, lower right: "J Smith ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- awe | child | Christianity | contemplation | faith | heart | kneeling | learning | praying | rebirth | religious and mythological subject | skull
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Disce Mori Mundo Vivere Disce Deo / /Learn to Die to the World, Learn to Live With God, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.