Judith with the Head of Holofernes
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 6 5/8 × 4 15/16 inches (16.8 × 12.5 cm) and Image: 6 3/8 × 4 7/8 inches (16.2 × 12.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "214"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Judith & | Holofernes"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "254a"
Lettered, lower left: "J Smith ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armband | beauty | belt | Christianity | curtains | death | dresses | earring | headdress | headscarf | Judaism | murder | Old Testament | sack | servant | sword | tassels | tent | women
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Judith with the Head of Holofernes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.