- Children Fighting over a Bird
- c. 1703
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 7 15/16 inches (22.2 × 20.2 cm), Plate: 7 1/8 × 6 3/4 inches (18.1 × 17.1 cm), and Image: 6 5/8 × 6 11/16 inches (16.8 × 17 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: No19 | 8 3/4 x 8 1/4"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "222A"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "55"
Lettered, lower left: "G. Lairesse Pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "Sold by J. Smith at ye Lyon & Crown in Russell street Covent Garden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Children Fighting over a Bird, c. 1703
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.