Ego Dilecto Meo
- Additional Title(s):
Virgin and Child
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 7 9/16 inches (26.7 × 19.2 cm), Plate: 10 1/16 × 7 1/16 inches (25.6 × 17.9 cm), and Image: 9 3/16 × 7 1/16 inches (23.3 × 17.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "362 | nag[ler] 327."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "1 state before the date 1700."
Lettered, lower center: "Ego dilecto meo, et ad me conversio ejus. cant. 7.10."; lettered, lower left: "Scidon pinx:"; lettered, lower right: "Ex Museo Sim: du Bois Londini"; lettered, lower center: "J. Smith fec: | Sold by J. Smith at the Lyon and crown in Russell Street Covent - garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | basket | Christianity | cloak | cloth | dress | mother | tunic | vase
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Ego Dilecto Meo, ca.1700
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.