Daniel in the Lyons Denn
- Additional Title(s):
Daniel in the Lions Den
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 × 7 5/8 inches (25.4 × 19.4 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 7 1/8 inches (24.1 × 18.1 cm), and Image: 8 15/16 × 7 1/16 inches (22.7 × 17.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Theodore [Besna] | 229A"
Lettered, lower center: "Daniel in the Lyons Denn."; lettered, lower right: "J. Smith ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Christianity | claws | condemnation | danger | faith | gate | Islam | Judaism | lion's den | lions | man | Old Testament | peace | prophet | religious and mythological subject | salvation | sitting
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Daniel in the Lyons Denn, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.