- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 6 11/16 inches (20.6 × 17 cm), Plate: 7 9/16 × 6 1/4 inches (19.2 × 15.9 cm), Image: 7 3/8 × 6 1/8 inches (18.7 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "123"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "311B."
Lettered, lower left: "A Van Dyk pinx"; ;lettered, lower right: "J. Smith ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blessing | child | Christianity | cloth | cross (motif) | flowers | halo | holding | orb | reflection | religious and mythological subject | serpent
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Infant Jesus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.