- Judah and Tamar
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/16 × 8 1/8 inches (18.3 × 20.6 cm) and Image: 6 7/16 × 7 15/16 inches (16.4 × 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "309B"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "124"
Lettered, lower left: "L:Castro. pinxit."; lettered, lower center: "Judah:&:Tamar:"; lettered, lower right: "J Smith: excudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armband | Christianity | dress | family | Judaism | Old Testament | path | prostitution | religious and mythological subject | sandals | sash | sex | sitting | staff | trees | tunic | veil | widow | widower
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Judah and Tamar, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.