- Holy Family
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 × 5 13/16 inches (11.4 × 14.8 cm), Plate: 4 5/16 × 5 9/16 inches (11 × 14.1 cm), and Image: 4 × 5 1/4 inches (10.2 × 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "387c"
Lettered, lower left: "Franciscus Permens pinxit."; lettered, lower center: "Cum privilegio Regis | J Smith fecit"; lettered, lower right: "Alex: Browne excudit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | basket | Christianity | dove | family | father | fruit | halos | holding | mother | religious and mythological subject | representations derived from Holy Family | servant | staff | veil | watching
- Associated People:
The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Holy Family, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.