The Triumph of Galatea
- Additional Title(s):
Acis and Galatea
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 × 9 7/8 inches (43.2 × 25.1 cm), Plate: 16 11/16 × 9 5/8 inches (42.4 × 24.4 cm), Image: 16 3/16 × 9 5/8 inches (41.1 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "26 | 1"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "#1"
Lettered, lower center: "A:da Correggio Pinx: J:Smith Fecit 1701. Ex collectione Nobilissimi Marchionis Normanbiae. | Sold by J. Smith at Ye Lyon & Crown in Russell street Covent Garden-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armband | arrows | bows | bracelets | clouds | crown | cupids | doves | mountains | necklace | nude | nymph | pearls | quiver | reins | religious and mythological subject | sea | shell | shore (landform) | triumph | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, The Triumph of Galatea, 1701