London from Greenwich
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 14 3/8 inches (26.7 × 36.5 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 1/2 inches (17.8 × 26.7 cm)
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W. Turner R.A. P.P. | Engraved by C. Turner. | LONDON, from GREENWICH | Picture in the possession of Walter Fawkes Esqr. of Farnley | Published Jany. 1. 1811 by Mr. Turner, Queen Ann Street West"; lower left: "3 ft. by 4 ft. | H"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural | landscape | London brick | river
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, London from Greenwich, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.