- Jonah Escaping from the Mouth of the Whale
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 13/16 × 15 7/16 inches (30 × 39.2 cm) and Plate: 11 5/16 × 14 13/16 inches (28.7 × 37.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "W.77"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Jonah escaping from | the mouth of the whale | Wallerant Vaillant"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "173"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "W.77"
Lettered, lower left: "WV"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | Christianity | cliff | escape | fear | Judaism | man | nude | Old Testament | prophet | religious and mythological subject | rocks | sash | sea | vine | whale
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Wallerant Vaillant, 1623–1677, Dutch, Jonah Escaping from the Mouth of the Whale, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.