IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Pieter van den Berge, active 1689–1737, Dutch, Girls Singing, undated
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 10 1/4 inches (35.5 × 26 cm), Image: 9 7/16 × 9 5/8 inches (24 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, on back, upper left: "W[...]t | 6-290"; inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "[...]"; center: "One of the plates has Van der Berge's | name [...] in [...]"; lower center: "P. Van der Berge Sculp | 357"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "G Laires Inv:"; lower right: "P.V.D. Berge. Fec, Exc"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bracelet | costume | curls | dresses | earrings | genre subject | girls | instrument | jewelry | lace | music | pearls | performance | scarves | sheet music | singing | violin | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.