Owl, Monkey and Cat from Mezzotintoes by Smith, Vol. III
- Additional Title(s):
The Wise Owl
- between 1730 and 1740
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 7 3/8 inches (14 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "23"; lower center: "A reverse | Copied by my [ ... ] John | Boydell from the above print | Scarce original"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "F.Walker"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | caricature | cat (domestic cat) | clarinet | hat | monkey (animal) | musical instrument | owl
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, eighteenth century, Owl, Monkey and Cat from Mezzotintoes by Smith, Vol. III, between 1730 and 1740
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.