- Domestick Amusement: Playing the Guitar
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 16 3/16 × 11 1/8 inches (41.1 × 28.3 cm), Plate: 14 × 9 15/16 inches (35.6 × 25.2 cm), and Image: 12 1/2 × 9 15/16 inches (31.8 × 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#15"
Lettered, lower left: "Philip Mercier pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Ja. Watson fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Domestick Amusement Playing on the Guitar. | Printed for John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | guitar | leisure | music
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
John Ingamells, A Catalogue of the Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings of Philip Mercier, Volume of the Walpole Society, vol. 46, Walpole Society, 1976-8, p. 41, no. 147, N12 W35 +A1 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Domestick Amusement: Playing the Guitar, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.