- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 10 7/8 inches (36.5 x 27.7 cm), Plate: 14 1/8 x 10 9/16 inches (35.9 x 26.8 cm), and Image: 13 1/4 x 10 9/16 inches (33.6 x 26.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Blooteling. | c (underlined)"; on back, center: "ae/ | Laith | Oct. 11 | 1847"; on back, lower left: "Dl. | [...]4E. | 459"; in brown ink, on back, lower left: "c | -183."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | basket | bird | bird cage | bowl (vessel) | cage | cap | cloth | coat | costume | dress | fur | furniture | genre subject | interior | labor | portrait | seamstress | seating | sewing box | sewing, hand | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Abraham Blooteling, 1640–1690, Dutch, Woman Sewing, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.