The Ragged Concert
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/16 x 10 3/16 inches (35.7 x 25.9 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 9 7/8 inches (35.4 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 12 1/2 x 9 7/8 inches (31.8 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "461"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sublerus pinxt. | No. VII."; lower center: "The Ragged Concert. | London, Publish'd June 27th. 1770."; lower right: "R. Brookshaw fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | beggars | boys | buildings | bundle | children | door | genre subject | hats | music | musical instruments | performance | poor | poverty | scroll (information artifact) | serpent (Musical instrument) | singing | song | staff | street | violin
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Brookshaw, 1736–1804, The Ragged Concert, 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.