The Ragged Concert
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/16 x 10 3/16 inches (35.7 x 25.9 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 9 7/8 inches (35.4 x 25.1 cm), Image: 12 1/2 x 9 7/8 inches (31.8 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "461"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sublerus pinxt. | No. VII."; lower center: "The Ragged Concert. | London, Publish'd June 27th. 1770."; lower right: "R. Brookshaw fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | beggars | boys | buildings | bundle | children | door | genre subject | hats | music | musical instruments | performance | poor | poverty | scroll (information artifact) | serpent (Musical instrument) | singing | song | staff | street | violin
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Brookshaw, 1736–1804, The Ragged Concert, 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.