- A Scene in the Recruiting Officer
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 × 19 5/8 inches (34.6 × 49.8 cm), Plate: 11 × 12 7/8 inches (27.9 × 32.7 cm), and Image: 9 3/4 × 12 3/4 inches (24.8 × 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below image, lower left: "clive"; lower center: "Kitty Clive"; inscribed on verso, middle left: "A/"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Ph. Mercier inn et pinx.t"; center: "A Scene in the Recruiting Officer. | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, 1739"; lower right: "I.Faber fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
John Ingamells, A Catalogue of the Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings of Philip Mercier, Volume of the Walpole Society, vol. 46, Walpole Society, 1976-8, p. 61, no. 260, N12 W35 +A1 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, A Scene in the Recruiting Officer, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.