Michael Lochmann (1630-1674)
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 7 1/8 inches (24.5 x 18.1 cm), Plate: 7 5/8 x 5 1/8 inches (19.4 x 13 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 x 5 1/8 inches (14.3 x 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "a30724"; in pen, center: "(German inscription about the print, signed by the author of the inscription, Boerner, ciz.x )"
Lettered, lower center, in German script: "Der Lochmann [...] (four lines of text, letters indescipherable)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | blouse | broche | collar | curls | gaze | hair | jacket | lace | man | medicine | moustache | physician | physician | pin | portrait | posing | reticella | ribbons | robe | science | science | skull | sleeves | solemn | table | thoughtful | vest
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Fennitzer, active 1697–1700, Michael Lochmann (1630-1674), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.