Virgin and Child
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/2 × 14 1/4 inches (49.5 × 36.2 cm), Plate: 18 × 13 1/4 inches (45.7 × 33.7 cm), and Image: 17 1/16 × 12 1/2 inches (43.3 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "437"
Lettered, lower left: "Francisco Penni delin."; lettered, lower right: "E. Kirkall Sculp."; lettered, lower center: "E. Collectione Cl.Rici.Mead M.D. London Printed for R. Wilkinson at N.58 in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | balcony | banner | boys | child | Christianity | cousins | cradle | cross (motif) | family | footstool | mothers | pillar | pomegranates | religious and mythological subject | saints | trees | turban | veil | virgin | wall
- Associated People:
The Virgin Mary
John the Baptist, Saint
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Elisha Kirkall, ca. 1682–1742, British, Virgin and Child, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.