- Virgin and Child
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/2 × 14 1/4 inches (49.5 × 36.2 cm), Plate: 18 × 13 1/4 inches (45.7 × 33.7 cm), and Image: 17 1/16 × 12 1/2 inches (43.3 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "437"
Lettered, lower left: "Francisco Penni delin."; lettered, lower right: "E. Kirkall Sculp."; lettered, lower center: "E. Collectione Cl.Rici.Mead M.D. London Printed for R. Wilkinson at N.58 in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | balcony | banner | boys | child | Christianity | cousins | cradle | cross (motif) | family | footstool | mothers | pillar | pomegranates | religious and mythological subject | saints | trees | turban | veil | virgin | wall
- Associated People:
The Virgin Mary
John the Baptist, Saint
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Elisha Kirkall, ca. 1682–1742, British, Virgin and Child, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.