IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Elisha Kirkall, ca. 1682–1742, British, Virgin and Child, undated
Virgin and Child
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/2 × 14 1/4 inches (49.5 × 36.2 cm), Plate: 18 × 13 1/4 inches (45.7 × 33.7 cm), Image: 17 1/16 × 12 1/2 inches (43.3 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "437"
Lettered, lower left: "Francisco Penni delin."; lettered, lower right: "E. Kirkall Sculp."; lettered, lower center: "E. Collectione Cl.Rici.Mead M.D. London Printed for R. Wilkinson at N.58 in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | balcony | banner | boys | child | Christianity | cousins | cradle | cross (motif) | family | footstool | mothers | pillar | pomegranates | religious and mythological subject | saints | trees | turban | veil | virgin | wall
- Associated People:
The Virgin Mary
John the Baptist, Saint
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.