Apollo and Daphne
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- 6 9/16 × 9 1/8 inches (16.7 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Daphne"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "418"
Lettered, lower right: "E Kirkall fe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basin | chasing | forest | gods | halo | hammer | hate | helping | landscape | laurel | lust | metamorphosis (biological event) | nymph | pouring | religious and mythological subject | river | riverbank | roots | sun | tree | virgin | waterfall
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Elisha Kirkall, ca. 1682–1742, British, Apollo and Daphne, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.