Endymion and Diana
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 7 1/16 inches (22.5 × 17.9 cm), Image: 8 5/8 × 6 15/16 inches (21.9 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Bernhard Lens, de Oude. | Onb.aauK | 433G"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "ZW"
Lettered, lower left: "A.Diepenbeeck.in:E. Cooper Ex."; lettered, lower center: "Endimion & Diana C:P:R."; lettered, lower right: "B Lens fect"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | beauty | cliff | clouds | clouds | crescent moons | descending | goddess | love | mountains | night | religious and mythological subject | rocks | sleeping
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens II, 1659–1725, British, Endymion and Diana, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.