The Marriage of Moses
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 × 12 7/8 inches (25.6 × 32.7 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 12 5/8 inches (25.1 × 32.1 cm), Image: 9 5/8 × 12 5/8 inches (24.4 × 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "278"
Lettered, lower left: "C. Le Brun pinxit."; lettered, lower center: "The Marriage of Moses"; lettered, lower right: "Sold by Tho: Bakewell against Birchin Lane in Cornhill. | B.Lens fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bread | bride | ceremony | Christianity | cup | curtain | curtain | dog | father | incense | Judaism | lyre | marriage | music | Old Testament | pillars | pointing | religious and mythological subject | sisters | staff | table | wreaths
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens II, 1659–1725, British, The Marriage of Moses, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.