The Marriage of Moses
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 × 12 7/8 inches (25.6 × 32.7 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 12 5/8 inches (25.1 × 32.1 cm), and Image: 9 5/8 × 12 5/8 inches (24.4 × 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "278"
Lettered, lower left: "C. Le Brun pinxit."; lettered, lower center: "The Marriage of Moses"; lettered, lower right: "Sold by Tho: Bakewell against Birchin Lane in Cornhill. | B.Lens fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bread | bride | ceremony | Christianity | cup | curtain | curtain | dog | father | incense | Judaism | lyre | marriage | music | Old Testament | pillars | pointing | religious and mythological subject | sisters | staff | table | wreaths
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, The Marriage of Moses, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.