- Moses in Bullrushes
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 5/16 × 14 5/16 inches (51.6 × 36.4 cm), Plate: 20 1/16 × 14 1/16 inches (51 × 35.7 cm), and Image: 18 1/4 × 14 inches (46.4 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "435"
Lettered, lower left: "Ant.Van Dyck Eques Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "James Mc. Ardell Fecit."; Lettered, lower center: "From the Original in the Collection of His Grace the Duke of Devonshire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blanket | bulrush | grass | infant | Moses (alone) in the bulrushes | reed | religious and mythological subject | river | riverbank | tree
- Associated Places:
- Egypt | Nile
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Moses in Bullrushes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.