Moses in Bullrushes
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 5/16 × 14 5/16 inches (51.6 × 36.4 cm), Plate: 20 1/16 × 14 1/16 inches (51 × 35.7 cm), Image: 18 1/4 × 14 inches (46.4 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "435"
Lettered, lower left: "Ant.Van Dyck Eques Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "James Mc. Ardell Fecit."; Lettered, lower center: "From the Original in the Collection of His Grace the Duke of Devonshire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blanket | bulrush | grass | infant | Moses (alone) in the bulrushes | reed | religious and mythological subject | river | riverbank | tree
- Associated Places:
- Egypt | Nile
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Moses in Bullrushes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.