Venus and Cupid
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 20 1/16 × 14 3/16 inches (51 × 36 cm) and Image: 18 5/8 × 14 inches (47.3 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "first proof"; inscribed in blue crayon, verso, lower left: "5/-"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D | 451"
Lettered, lower left: "F. Salviata pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "C. Phillips fecit."; lettered, lower center: "J. Boydell Exct 1766."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | child | cloth | crown | earring | mother | nudes | pearls | quiver | rocks
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Phillips, 1737– after 1783, Venus and Cupid, 1766
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.