Venus and Cupid
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 20 1/16 × 14 3/16 inches (51 × 36 cm) and 18 5/8 × 14 inches (47.3 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "first proof"; inscribed in blue crayon, verso, lower left: "5/-"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D | 451"
Lettered, lower left: "F. Salviata pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "C. Phillips fecit."; lettered, lower center: "J. Boydell Exct 1766."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | child | cloth | crown | earring | goddess | holding | mother | nudes | pearls | quiver | religious and mythological subject | rocks | smiling | wings
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Phillips, 1737– after 1783, Venus and Cupid, 1766
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.