Bookplate: The Spalding Gentlemen's Society
- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and line engravng on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 × 6 11/16 inches (13 × 17 cm), Image: 4 11/16 × 6 5/16 inches (11.9 × 16 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "466a"
Lettered, lower left: [...] | inv."; lettered, lower center: "SOC.GEN.SPALDING.INSTITUA.MDCCX."; lettered, lower right: "Virtue f. | 1746"; Lettered, center: "vICINAS VRBES ALIT"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | bundles | crops | dove | flowers | goddess | heart | holding | mermen | muscles | nude | religious and mythological subject | shell | shield | sitting | star | water | waves
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, Bookplate: The Spalding Gentlemen's Society, 1746
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.