Bookplate: The Spalding Gentlemen's Society
- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and line engravng on thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 5 1/8 × 6 11/16 inches (13 × 17 cm) and Image: 4 11/16 × 6 5/16 inches (11.9 × 16 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "466a"
Lettered, lower left: [...] | inv."; lettered, lower center: "SOC.GEN.SPALDING.INSTITUA.MDCCX."; lettered, lower right: "Virtue f. | 1746"; Lettered, center: "vICINAS VRBES ALIT"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | bundles | crops | dove | flowers | goddess | heart | holding | mermen | muscles | nude | religious and mythological subject | shell | shield | sitting | star | water | waves
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, Bookplate: The Spalding Gentlemen's Society, 1746
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.