Bookplate: The Spalding Gentlemen's Society
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 5 1/16 × 6 3/4 inches (12.9 × 17.1 cm) and Image: 4 11/16 × 6 7/16 inches (11.9 × 16.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "466B"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "Vertue"
Lettered, lower center: "SOC.GEN.SPALDING.INSTITUTA.MDCCX. v.f."; lettered, center: "VICINA VRBES ALIT"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | bundles | crops | dove | flowers | goddess | heart | holding | mermen | muscles | nude | religious and mythological subject | shell | shield | sitting | star | water | waves
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, Bookplate: The Spalding Gentlemen's Society, 1746
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.