- S. Jacobus Major
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/16 x 14 inches (51 x 35.6 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 x 10 3/4 inches (38.3 x 27.3 cm), and Image: 13 7/8 x 10 11/16 inches (35.3 x 27.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK9"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Jacobus Major. | Filius Zebedaei, boanerges, hoc est, filius tonotru; siquidem divina qus prae = | dicatio magnum quendam et illustrem sonilum per terrarum orbem edidit. | Vict. Antoch. in Marc. C. 2. | Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit Joh. Christian Leopold excudit Aug. Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C.3."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | halo | historical subject | moustache | profile | religious | religious and mythological subject | staff
- Associated People:
- St. James the Greater
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Jacobus Major, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.