- S. Johannes
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/16 x 14 inches (51 x 35.5 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 x 10 9/16 inches (38.2 x 26.9 cm), and Image: 13 3/4 x 10 9/16 inches (34.9 x 26.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 10"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Johannes. | Nemo, audeo dicere, tanta sublimitate sapientice majestatem vidit et nobis proprio sermone | reseravit, quam Joannes. Transcendit nubes, transcendit virtutes coelorum, transcendit an= | gelos et verbum in principio reperit, et apud Deum vidit. Ambros Prof in Luc. | Johnn Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit. J. C. Leopold excudit Aug. Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C.4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | book | chalice | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | halo | historical subject | quills | reading | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | steam | thoughtful | writing (processes)
- Associated People:
- John the Evangelist, Saint (c. 1–c. 100 AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Johannes, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.