- Additional Title(s):
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/16 x 14 inches (51.2 x 35.5 cm), Plate: 15 3/16 x 10 5/8 inches (38.5 x 27 cm), and Image: 13 3/4 x 10 9/16 inches (35 x 26.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 11"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Philippus. | Philippus magnum in Asia lumen extinctum est, quod suscitabitur in novissimo die ad= | ventus Domini, tunc cum de Coelo veniet cum floria et universos sanctos requiret. | Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit Joh. Christian Leopold Excud. Aug. Vindel. Johann Lorenzo Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C.5."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | book | Christian | Christianity | cloak | cross (motif) | curls | disciple | halo | historical subject | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | staff | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. Philip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Philippus, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.