- Additional Title(s):
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/16 x 14 inches (51.2 x 35.6 cm), Plate: 15 1/4 x 10 11/16 inches (38.7 x 27.2 cm), and Image: 13 3/4 x 10 11/16 inches (34.9 x 27.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 16"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Andreas. | Sacra illa tuba, Andreas, pruimus Apostolorum foetus, prima ecclesiae columna, | ante Petrum petra, fundamenti fundamentum, initii primitae. Hsych. presb. apud. Phot. | cod. CCLXIX. | Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit. J. C. Leopold excudit Aug. Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C.2."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | branch | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | moustache | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful | tree | trunk | wood
- Associated People:
- Saint Andrew
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Andreas, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.