- Additional Title(s):
- early 1750s
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/16 x 14 inches (51.2 x 35.6 cm), Plate: 15 1/4 x 10 11/16 inches (38.7 x 27.2 cm), Image: 13 3/4 x 10 11/16 inches (34.9 x 27.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 16"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Andreas. | Sacra illa tuba, Andreas, pruimus Apostolorum foetus, prima ecclesiae columna, | ante Petrum petra, fundamenti fundamentum, initii primitae. Hsych. presb. apud. Phot. | cod. CCLXIX. | Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit. J. C. Leopold excudit Aug. Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C.2."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | branch | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | moustache | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful | tree | trunk | wood
- Associated People:
- Saint Andrew
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Andreas, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.