- Portrait of a Man
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 21 x 15 1/16 inches (53.4 x 38.2 cm), Plate: 15 1/4 x 10 11/16 inches (38.7 x 27.2 cm), and Image: 14 3/4 x 10 11/16 inches (37.4 x 27.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 19"
Lettered, lower left: "Joh. Baptista Piazzetta | Venetus delineavit."; lower center left: "Lorenz Haid | sculpsit."; lower center right: "Cum Cratia et Privilegio Sacri Romani | Imperii Vicariatus."; lower right: "Johann Christian Leopold excudit | Augustae Vindelicorum."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | collar | genre subject | gesturing | light | man | moustache | old | profile | sleeve | solemn
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, Portrait of a Man, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.